Thursday, January 04, 2007

Most problems come from what is not written in specification

I spent the New Year's Eve at a small town and had a chance to have a dinner with someone who owns a software business.

He mentioned that most of the problems come from what is not written in the specification. And that big companies deal with it by making smaller contracting companies work long-hour over-time, which I think is terrible.

He was not familiar with Agile software development.
I mentioned that the essence of Agile software development is to accept the reality of what actually happens in software development and to deal with it. What those big companies are doing is completely wrong.
It seems that people who are not familiar with Agile software development is also noticing what it is identifying.
I felt that more people are in the same page with us.

Anyway, I enjoyed the conversation with him.

No comments: