Friday, December 22, 2006

RailsConf 2006 Keynote speeches

There are good keynote speeches from RailsConf 2006.
You can view the video from here.

I watched the speeches by Martin Fowler and Dave Thomas.
I totally agree with Martin Fowler. What he mentioned is one of the main reasons why I like to use Ruby on Rails.
And Dave has good points.

And also watched the one by David Heinemeier Hansson at the local Ruby Users Group meeting recently.
Here is the slide for it. It is eye-opening.

I simply enjoyed listening to their talks.

1 comment:

Tadatoshi said...

Just to follow up with what I wrote.
One of the things I like that Martin Fowler said was that Ruby on Rails allows you to develop application quickly and cleanly. "Quick doesn't have to be dirty." And building nicely designed, well-maintainable application doesn't mean that it takes a long time to develop. "You can build application rapidly but still has a design structure that allows you to evolve the application in the long term."

And he also mentioned that Rails' built-in capability of testing allows that to happen.