Monday, February 11, 2008

Experiment on Evolution

I have attended very interesting lecture at a local university.
I wish I had enough time to write down the verbs the speaker used to describe what three key figures in the lecture did.
But using my words instead, it was about - Darwin provoked the idea, Dallinger attempted to verify it experimentally, and D'Herelle established the way to experiment it.
Of course, not to mention, that uses life form whose reproduction cycle is very short so that you can observe its evolution.

D'Herelle is the start of Evolutionary medicine.
Evolutionary medicine is very interesting. Bacteriophage therapy makes sense though I acknowledge the points the speaker mentioned - it's alive so you don't necessarily know what would happen after the treatment is completed.

No comments: